Many (some?) of you far from the East coast may be wondering, “what’s the deal with this hurricane? Is Al going to be okay? What about his roommates? Will Al be able to protect them with his massive traps?”
First, I apologize for the title of this blog post. Were Jeet’s nickname “Elf,” it would have been perfect, but it was clearly not meant to be.
Second, here are some semi-quick bullet points that describe how we are doing:
- Our current residence falls under “Zone C.” It means that we’re likely not going to need to evacuate unless either Irene gets stronger or one of us commits hubris and challenges nature/God/Poseidon.
- New York in general is bustling! It’s still pretty nice out, and everything is like normal except that grocery stores and super markets are packed with attractive girls buying things that don’t seem to have anything to do with survival.
- As some of you may know, I’m supposed to have an orientation for school on Monday. However, I received 3 emails saying (in this order):
- Orientation is still on but stay tuned for updates in case of bad weather.
- Disregard the last message; orientation is canceled.
- Disregard all messages from the person who sent the first two; she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. More information is forthcoming.
So that’s it for part 1. Part 2 will be all about how 3 dudes prepare for a hurricane!